Registration for Summer 2015 is open! Register below ...
Downtown Dance Factory - featured in Time out New York Kids Camp Edition "Summer Picks" for the past 4 years - is once again gearing up for its weekly program which runs throughout July and early August. Each week-long session will offer your preschool or school-aged child a wide range of dance and performing arts-related options, including sessions in:
- jazz/hip hop
- lyrical/modern dance
- musical theater
- craft & costume-making
- urban cheer
Each week, our full-day students will have the opportunity to experience classes in all the above dance genres – some daily, some several times per week – no prior experience necessary! On Friday afternoon of each week, students can even look forward to sharing all they've learned with their grown-ups during our weekly showcase – just prior to Friday pick-up. Full-day program runs 9am-3pm.
Our half-day students will enjoy a selection of our acclaimed preschool dance classes – hip hop, modern dance, tap – together with dance-related crafts, story-telling and dress-ups! Add a smattering of singing, drama and a taste of other dance styles (think breakdance, creative movement … even Bollywood!) and they’re in for a fun-filled week for sure! Half-day program runs 9am-12pm OR 1pm-4pm.
Half-day participants must bring a snack; full day participants must bring a snack and lunch (with ice pack). DDF does not have refrigeration.
At Downtown Dance Factory, 291 Broadway 4th & 5th Floors
Please note: the program will be conducted entirely inside our custom-built facility
Sessions will run weekly:
Summer 2015 dates: June 29th through August 7th, 2015
We will be closed on July 3rd, and fees for that week will be prorated accordingly
The full-day program runs weekly, from 9am-3pm.
The half-day program runs weekly, from 9am-12pm AND 1pm-4pm.
Register, by the week, by clicking on the links in the tables below*.
full day program
Children born 2004 – 2010 (entering K through 6th grade in September 2015)
half day program
For our 3 and 4 year olds (age as of June 30th 2015) who are not entering Kindergarten in September 2015
Students must be potty trained
There is no uniform for the summer program. Students should wear comfortable clothing and running shoes. Dance clothing and shoes (jazz, ballet, tap) can be purchased at our retail store but are completely optional.
fees & policies
full day program: $615/week
half day program: $390/week
* fees will be pro-rated in week 1, as we will be closed on July 3rd.
A $100 deposit per week will be charged at the time of registration; deposits are non-refundable. The balance of summer fees will be charged on June 1st. If registering after June 1st, you will be charged in full. There are no refunds for withdrawals from the summer program, nor are there refunds or make-ups for any absences. Sessions are interchangeable, space permitting. There is a one-time $25 registration fee for new students only. A 5% sibling discount is offered for the 2nd child and subsequent children from the same family registering for the same week. We regret that we cannot offer any trials during the summer program.
Full Day-Extended Care
New this year ... ! If you need to leave your child with us beyond our Summer Program hours, you can now sign up for Full Day-Extended. This after-program care will take place from 3-4pm each afternoon, with the exception of Friday. Sign up in advance to reserve your spot using the links below. Please indicate in the comments which day(s) you would like. The fee is $20/day*. Space may also be available at the last minute, but can't be guaranteed.
* NB: Upon registering for Extended Care, the full week's fee will post, but we will adjust it accordingly.
When registering your child, please make sure to include details regarding any medical needs:
- For new dancers: please fill out all details regarding allergies and/or special needs in the registration form.
- For returning families: if you have anything to add to your child's medical information, you can do so via your account in the "my students" tab.
For help adding or editing any medical information, email or call us and we'll gladly add it for you.
* NB: Downtown Dance Factory is not certified to administer medicine
Authorization to Pick Up
Upon registration, please ensure that all parties authorized to pick up your child are included in your account:
- For new dancers: please include ALL authorized individuals in your registration form (add them as a parent or as an emergency contact)
- For returning families: to authorize someone new, login to your account, and go to the "my contacts" tab to edit/add a parent AND to the "my account" tab to edit/add additional authorized individual(s) under Emergency Contact Info (simply list their name(s) and phone number(s) in the Emergency Contact Info box).
For help adding or editing your list of authorized individuals, email or call us and we'll gladly add them for you.
Already a ddf family, or have you taken a class with us in the past? Login to your account and register for Summer 2015 now.
New to ddf? Click on the register links in the tables below*. If registering for more than one week, you will be able to select additional weeks in the online application form. Friend requests will be honored to the best of our ability.
When registering for the full day program, please register for the grade your child will be entering in the fall. This is not necessarily the group in which he/she will dance; it is simply a way for us to track the ages of our dancers. Please put friend requests in the comments field of your registration, or simply email or call us at 212.962.1800 to make your requests.
* Please note: During Priority Registration for the Fall Semester - between May 27th and June 10th - online registration for the Summer Program will be temporarily disabled. During this period, please email us or call and we will happy to register your child for you.